How to Apply
The FINE PRINT
Eligibility Requirments for a NYSERDA Home Performance with ENERGY STAR assessment.
Comprehensive Home Assessments are free or low-cost for most New Yorkers. You must meet these requirements:
- The property must be a single family home, or 1-4 unit residential building.
- Only 1 free/low-cost assessment per property.
- Households with an income below $234,200 (Westchester towns) and $189,200 (Dutchess towns) qualify for a free assessment. Households with an income above $234,200 (Westchester towns) and $189,200 (Dutchess towns) can qualify for a subsidized assessment.
- Owners of commercial or nonprofit residential properties should call Energize NY for application instructions.
*If you don’t qualify for a free/reduced cost assessment, you can still have an assessment at the market rate cost. Contact an Energize Comfort Corp Contractor to set up an appointment. You are still eligible for state sponsored incentives and low-cost financing.
What Happens After you Apply
1. You will receive a reservation number from NYSERDA by email from HPwESSupport@clearesult.com alerting you to your approval. It typically takes 1-2 days to process the application (unless your application is incomplete).
2. You will give this reservation number to the Home Performance Professional of your choice. Each Home Performance Professional is accredited by the Building Performance Institute, to conduct comprehensive home energy assessments through NYSERDA's program. They will need your reservation number to get paid for the home assessment. Choose a home performance professional from Energize NY's list of accredited contractors. The contractor you choose will conduct your home energy assessment, and provide you with a detailed report about your home's energy usage. The report will also include recommendations for energy upgrade measures, as well as a financial analysis.
3. You'll receive a best-in-class home energy assessment through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program.
4. Consider meeting with the Energize NY Energy Coach to review your home energy assessment report.
5. If you choose, implement the recommended energy saving measures using your home performance professional, and collect a financial incentive from NYSERDA. You can also explore low-interest financing options such as On-Bill Recovery or a Smart Energy Loan.
If you have any questions about the Energize program please call the Energize office, 914-302-7300